DENVER – Thanks to the amazing baseball fans in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region, The Colorado Rockies are proud to announce that the organization will set yet another Major League attendance record on Friday. In what will be the 1,582nd home game in club history, the Rockies will become the fastest Major League franchise to 60,000,000 paid fans.
On Friday, the Rockies will randomly choose one fan at one of the Coors Field entrance gates prior to the 6:10 p.m. first pitch. That fan will be celebrated at the gate with pictures and video capturing the moment. The fan will be awarded 2013 Rockies season tickets, a commemorative Rockies jersey and be sat in VIP seats for Friday’s game vs. Arizona. The fan will also be introduced following the game, prior to the fireworks show that evening.
In addition to this record, the Rockies also own Major League attendance records in: single-season (4,483,350 in 1993), four-game series (259,113; July 14-17, 1994 vs. St. Louis), three-game series (217,009; June 24-26, 1994 vs. San Francisco) and day game (80,227; April 9, 1993).
“The Rockies organization continues to be blessed with the greatest fans in baseball, and this record proves just how fortunate we are,” said Rockies Owner/Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Dick Monfort. “We have enjoyed celebrating Rockies fans throughout the 2012 season, and we are honored to once again have the opportunity to celebrate a Major League record with our fans.”
Reaching this milestone is a fitting close to 2012’s “Year of the Fan.” Through the “Year of the Fan” promotion, the Rockies have honored fans in several ways, including the following:
- Fans featured on all 81 season tickets in 2012
- Season ticket holders casted in roles in the 2012 TV commercials
- Over 225,000 purple Rockies T-shirts given away at the gates and to on-field ceremony participants
- Season ticket holders featured on the May cover of Rockies Magazine with Rockies players
- Countless features and stories throughout the season in Rockies Magazine, written for and by fans
- Personalized bricks at the home plate entrance dedicated to season ticket holders since 1993
- Major giveaways on Purple Mondays throughout 2012, including Spring Training trips, autographs and more
- 2012 World Series trip contest for Rockies Facebook fans
- Season ticket holders led the crowd in “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” throughout the season
- Season ticket holders took part in three on-field pre-game flag ceremonies
- Fans hosted at Rockies batting practice in each away city the Rockies traveled to in 2012
- U.S. Military families hosted in VIP seats and honored during the seventh inning each Sunday home game