Hawkins finished last year strong with the Mets, converting 13-of-14 save opportunities from Aug. 1 to season's end. The Rockies signed him this year for $2.5 million, with a club option for 2015.
Hawkins doesn't see being 41 as a badge of honor.
"I don't care ... I feel like I'm ..." Hawkins said, before turning to fellow reliever Adam Ottavino learning he is 28. "I feel like I'm 28. I don't feel 41.
"To be 41 playing a kid's game, you can't beat it. I wouldn't trade my job for anything in the world."
Here are the five oldest pitchers in Spring Training, plus their respective birth dates:
• Jose Contreras, Rangers (non-roster), 12/6/1971
• LaTroy Hawkins, Rockies, 12/21/1972
• Bartolo Colon, Mets, 5/24/1973
• Guillermo Mota, Royals (non-roster), 7/25/1973
• R.A. Dickey, Blue Jays, 10/29/1974
Here are the five oldest position players, plus their respective birth dates:
• Jason Giambi, Indians (non-roster), 1/8/1971
• Henry Blanco, D-backs (non-roster), 8/29/1972
• Raul Ibanez, Angels, 6/2/1972
• Ichiro Suzuki, Yankees, 10/22/1973
• Jamey Carroll, Nationals (non-roster), 2/18/1974
Thomas Harding is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @harding_at_mlb. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.